News forum

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS

by Gilbert Iragena -
Number of replies: 151
What do you think  this ICT Essentials for teachers will help our Teachers ?

(Edited by Celestin Mudenge - original submission Friday, 8 December 2017, 9:16 AM)

In reply to Gilbert Iragena

Re: ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS

by Revocatte Nkusi -

ICT it is very important in our society, we can say also is key to sucess in all domain especialy in development, that why we need it as teacher to use it in our dialy activities and our learners need it in their childhood, it is better.

In reply to Revocatte Nkusi

by Ferdinand Hasingizwumukiza -

Of course my brother, it will help us to be effective and efficient

In reply to Ferdinand Hasingizwumukiza

by Ferdinand Hasingizwumukiza -

while doing practice as outcome it will better of the country and to prepare learner of job makers and market oriented people

by Jean Damascene Niyondamya -

i think ICT is important  for teacher because it helps him/her to be connected to the world  and through ICT teacher is capable to enrich his/her knowledge.

by Monique Uwoyangeneye -
Rwanda’s Vision 2020 aims to transform the country into a knowledge-based, technology-led and middle income
society by the year 2020. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is considered as an ubiquitous tool
that will energize the country socio-economic development. Enhancing teacher capabilities in and through ICT
is one of the strategies used by the Government of Rwanda to develop a high quality skills and knowledge base,
leveraging ICT across various socio-economic sectors of the country. Training teachers in ICTs will increase
the resource base and improve education delivery at all levels, hence the need to institutionalize ICT usage and
training for all teachers.
The Rwanda ICT Essentials for Teachers provides benefits for both educators and learners in education for
improved teaching and learning processes to better learner outcomes, from increased learner engagement
to seamless communication with educators which provides robust opportunities that ICT offers for the social
development of knowledge based-economies for education.
The Rwanda ICT Essentials for Teachers is based on the UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers
(ICT CFT) a framework that outlines the competencies that teachers need to integrate ICT into their professional
practice. The ICT CFT is a result of a partnership between UNESCO, CISCO, INTEL, ISTE and Microsoft. The
Rwanda ICT Essentials for Teachers draws from a set of competencies clustered around 6 major education focus
areas and focuses on the Technology Literacy growth phase of knowledge acquisition:

by Jean Baptiste NTIRENGANYA -
IT WILL HELP THEM TO IMPROVE THEIR TEACHING METHODOLOGY BY PROVIDING NECESSARY RESOURCES THROUGH THE INTERNET.

In reply to Jean Baptiste NTIRENGANYA

In addition, it will make the lesson very attractive.

by Jean Bosco RUTIKANGA -

of course, when it comes to ICT use in teaching and learning, the learners are really motivated

by Modeste Shyaka -

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS will help teachers of rwanda to improve their ict skills

In reply to Modeste Shyaka

by Diouf Munyarukundo -

just I agree with your thoutghs , by adding one

ict  willhelp us again to make more research

by Mathias Bizimana -

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS WILL HELP THE TEACHERS TO INTEGRATE THE ICT IN TEACHING THEREFORE IT WILL BE USE TO HIM/HERE TO TEACH.

by INNOCENT ZIRAKWIYE -

I think myself that the ICT ESSENTIALS will help our teacher to be:Confident to use ICT tools in teaching and learning process

In reply to INNOCENT ZIRAKWIYE

by INNOCENT ZIRAKWIYE -

The use of ICT in teaching &  Learning process

Attachment COMPUTER IN TEACHING.png

by Theoneste Hagenimana -

This course is very important indeed and I want to invest all my efforts for supporting ICT essentials because it will enhance the knowledge of all teachers and ICT will be also a tools for quality education. Thank you!

by FeIicien Ngirinshuti -
This ICT  Essential for teachers will help Teachers to integrate ICT in Education

In reply to FeIicien Ngirinshuti

by Francois Hakizimana -

You are right my friend. To enhance your idea, you can give a tangible example.

by Francois Hakizimana -

ICT can help more our teachers When they are preparing there a constructive lesson

by Jean Theoneste NZABIRINDA -

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS provide teachers with the skills that help them integrate ICT in teaching and learning processes .

by Gilbert Gasangwa -

It will help the rwandan teachers to improve their way of teaching by integrating ICT in the teaching and learning process

In reply to Gilbert Gasangwa

Dear Gasana,

Thank you for ur response.As u said,it will help us to get updated notes ,downloading videos and  learners will stay motivated.

by Gilbert Gasangwa -

It will help teachers to open their minds and share the ideas with the teachers accross the country.

by FeIicien Ngirinshuti -

Yeah GIL this is true because Our Country  of Rwanda is moving withTechnology and as Teachers we are the first to Integrate it.

ICT essential will help us to make business by using ICT tools/Equipment.

It of cause we must transfer all skills we have to the other teachers in order to improve development of learner,teachers and our country

by Celestin Ntuzibagirwe -
ICT ESSENTIALS WILL HELP TEACHERS TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF TEACHING
In reply to Celestin Ntuzibagirwe

by Fabien Ngaboyimbere -

That very good, throught reasearch by using it in different area may be using Social Media

In reply to Celestin Ntuzibagirwe

by Joseph Habiyambere -

that is good idea but is better use quality of education  not  quality of teaching

by Olivier Sinabajije -

ICT is one of the tools of education so it will help us in the development of our future and our country.

by Angelique Musabwa -

ICT essentials for teacher is very essentials because help teacher to emprove her/his knoledge or skills in ICT Education

by Nadia Mukarugimbana -

ICT is very important in our day life becouse is key of succes in different domain for example in a business, in political especial in education it can accelerate the skills 

In reply to Nadia Mukarugimbana

by Modeste Shyaka -

thank you for your best idea, this will help to improve our country development

ICT in education provide many service for example in school management information system

by Deleted user -

IT WILL HELP TO MAKE RESEARCH AND UPDATE NOTES.

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

It will facilitate teaching and learning  processes by using images and videos

In reply to Deleted user

by Alphonse Bikorimana -

Not only image and videos but also research and experiences sharing via technology because the people of the world   are brought together  through technology . That is my additional idea to your good opinion Onesphore  Barasebwa thank you.

by Fabien Ngaboyimbere -

I think it will increase the capability of Teachers of teaching and learning process

by Diouf Munyarukundo -

ICT essentials for teachers:

as a teacher : ict will help me to prepare our lesson preparation,  research and improving my skills in my daily activities aS A TEACHERS

by Joseph Habiyambere -

ICT  ESSENTIALS FOR  TEACHERS is one method thas will help the teachers to use ICT  in their activity  and  also  will be one tool used in order to acheive  to the quality of education in rwanda

In reply to Joseph Habiyambere

by Joseph Habiyambere -

Also Ict  is  a way that  up date   or improve knowledge of  teachers

by Janviere Tuyishime -

ICT essential will help teacher to teach ours courses  by using technologies.

In reply to Janviere Tuyishime

by Jean Damascene Ndahayo -

ICT essential not help us to teach only in the class room, it help us also how to prepare the lesson plan, scheme of work, notes ,etc

In reply to Janviere Tuyishime

ICT is very important,I need to ask Jeamvier how they will help teacher to use technology in teaching. For me,I will help them to prepare lesson by using ICT equipment, and I will help them use basic programs. ex word,excel,graphics .....

by Donat BIZIYAREMYE -

ICT is important to teachers bcse it is a tool that will help them in teaching. It a key resource of content 

In reply to Donat BIZIYAREMYE

by Jean Damascene Niyondamya -

for I see ICT tool used to provide a concrete learning because some of subjects that we teach seems to be difficult to find teaching aids but through ICT  IT can be easy.

by Deleted user -

ICT essential facilitate a teacher to improve the capacity of the learners 

it improves to increase well being into society

by JMV Nziringirimana -

ICT essentials help teachers to know how technology helps teachers in teaching process and learning

In reply to JMV Nziringirimana

by Deleted user -

So,it will give us the opportunity to share experiences and the communication among teachers of different corners of the country will be eased. 

Now days Rwanda is implementing ICT in all sectors, this will help the citizens to be familiar with the use of ICT as we have Education for all.  

by Jean Damascene Ndahayo -

it will help them to improve the quality of teaching, it incease the quality of using ICT tools in teaching and learning process.

Today, for the teaching and learning process to be successfull, the ICT has to be fully integrated in rwandan education system. i think, the ICT essentials for teachers is irrepressible.

Today, for the teaching and learning process to be successfull, the ICT has to be fully integrated in rwandan education system. i think, the ICT essentials for teachers is irrepressible.

by Jeremie Vuguziga -

iCT is very important in education because it can help the teachers in their research in order to prepare their lesson

In reply to Jeremie Vuguziga

by Abudu Habimana -

That is true my friend because it help also to keep our documents safely

this Essential will help will teachers in order to apply it in teaching and learning process

by Abudu Habimana -

Ict is important because it will help teacher to updates their knowledge, it is also the ways of sharing our knowledge where teachers help each other through modern technology 

by Deleted user -

it will  improve  the  teacher  how  to  use  ict in learning teaching

In reply to Deleted user

by Edmond Niyonzima -

it will improve teacher's skill not teacher but you give a good support

by Nadia Mukarugimbana -

in education it can accelerate the skills of learners when they use ict tools in practice

by Edmond Niyonzima -

it can improve both teachers and learners skills as well as helping them create innovations.Thnx ever so much for your suggestion

by Edmond Niyonzima -

ICT is very essential for teachers because it will facilitate teachers to improve their skills, and interact with more different environment. It will also help teachers to create innovations in their activities as well as doing research 

by Modeste Shyaka -

It will help teachers to improve their teaching methodologies and help them to improve their research sothat to have competent students in our country

by Theophile Munyampirwa -

ICT as a tool of interconnected, it plays a big role in learning and teaching process through sharing real ideas in distance., so that this issue will help more in teaching process by gathering and discussing in harmony effectively and efficiently in all subjects by creating critical and practical ways within leaner as key role of sustainable development.

In reply to Theophile Munyampirwa

by Theophile Munyampirwa -

by this ICT,helps teachers in time management through preparing his lessons to be taught in class and evaluations 

by Mansour Feruzi -

Help teachers to be confident

Help teachers to use the program

by Deleted user -

I C T essentials it,s facilitates time management 

It improves high quality in education system

by Deleted user -

by Deleted user -

by M.Claire Uwimana -

using ict essential for teachers helps the teachers to give efficiency and compatible lessons to the learners. 

by Alphonse Bikorimana -

The Use Of ICT  BY Teachers  will help to  Support Innovative Pedagogy  Because The ICT  Made The World Closer And The Share Of Technology And Experiences Become Very Quick.  it will develop the experience sharing in teaching and will  be  easy for students to deepen their skills.

there some teachers who do not know the use of internet, so this will help them to have some basics on ICT as well as use of Internet.

by Olivier Habinshuti -
 ICT ESSENTIALS   FOR TEACHERS help teachers to improve knowledge and skills and also transform our country by using ict tools

by Olivier Sinabajije -

Thank you Mr Ferdinand but ICT also will help teachers to plan effectively their lessons by making different research.

ICT in education is a key component. we need ICT for our learners to get the proper competence based knowledge

by Theoneste Hagenimana -

This ICT essentials will enable teachers for:

• Taking a more facilitative role, providing student-centred guidance and feedback, and engaging more frequently in exploratory and team-building activities with students. • 
  • Using ICT to “support an enquiry process and enable their students to work on solving complex real-world problems” by engaging in “collaborative projectbased learning activities that go beyond the classroom” (Butler et al., 2013; p.8). 
  •  Supporting students to create and innovate so that they are engaged in managing their own learning goals and activities.
  • Accepting ownership of their own professional learning and, where appropriate, designing and participating in learning communities that make extensive use of technology.

by Donat BIZIYAREMYE -

The role of ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS

1. ICT as an ‘assisting tool’. ICT is used as a tool, for example while making assignments, collecting data and documentation, communicating and conducting research. Typically, ICT is used independently from the subject matter.
  2. ICT as a medium for teaching and learning. This refers tot ICT as a tool for teaching and learning itself, the medium through which teachers can teach and learners can learn. It appears in many different forms, such as drill and practice exercises, in simulations and educational networks.

by Jonathan Sikubwabo -
ICT is very important in our society,it will help us to improve our research in our teaching and learning process.

We start enjoying the goodness of ICT essentials for teachers. this is very interesting for Rwandan teachers as well as every where in the world. 

by Theogene Hakorimana -

ICT  IS essential for us as teacher while it empowering our teaching methodology  and help as to perform effectively our other daily activity needed in our society like making follow up and management of business beyond our teaching activity. 

by Job Kubwimana -
Most of teachers are challenged by low skills about preliminary skills on ICT. so as this unit teaches about essential skillss on ICT this will help them to learn what they were lacking and use it in teaching and learning activities. 

I think this unit will empower teachers in skills to use ICT in their daily activities. 

by Theogene Bunane -

The followings are the aim and objectives of ICT implementation in education:

1. To implement the principle of life-long learning / education.

2. to increase a variety of educational services and medium / method.

3. to promote equal opportunities to obtain education and information.

4. to develop a system of collecting and disseminating educational information.

5. to promote technology literacy of all citizens, especially for students.

6. to develop distance education with national contents.

7. to promote the culture of learning at school (development of learning skills, expansion of optional education, open source of education, etc.)

8. to support schools in sharing experience and information with others.

o implement the principle of life-long learning / education.

2. to increase a variety of educational services and medium / method.

3. to promote equal opportunities to obtain education and information.

4. to develop a system of collecting and disseminating educational information.

5. to promote technology literacy of all citizens, especially for students.

6. to develop distance education with national contents.

7. to promote the culture of learning at school (development of learning skills, expansion of optional education, open source of education, etc.)

8. to support schools in sharing experience and information with others.

by M.Claire Uwimana -
 ICT Essentials for Teachers provides benefits for both educators and learners in education for
improved teaching and learning processes to better learner outcomes, from increased learner engagement
to seamless communication with educators which provides robust opportunities that ICT offers for the social
development of knowledge based-economies for education

by Celestin Ntirandekura -

ICT essential for teachers is  very helpful to teachers and others such as:to input data outing data as well as storing data in future time that when you need you can use that data.

Will also be used to search the lesson on the internet.by by searching on googlechrome ,and others.

will also help in making teaching learning aids. etc

by Jean Baptiste Mushimiyimana -

It will help them including us to improve their skills in terms of ICT specifically in education .

furthermore those teachers will help in implementation of this policy ie ICT Essential for teachers.

by Gilbert Gasangwa -

it will help our teachers to be familiar with using ICT in their teaching process.

as well as bringing new innovation in teaching the CBC.

by INNOCENT ZIRAKWIYE -
ICT Essentiasl will help we as teachers to prepare electronic documents, using ICT tools for saving time, time management, making learners more interested and doing many practices, creativity, etc

by Jean de Dieu Munyaneza -

as i see that my colleagues of our group said,ICT Essentials will help us to improve our knowledge on how to use ICT tools, after that we should be able to use it in teaching and learning as the policy want to implement it in education.  

by Clementine Niyigena -

For me ICT Essentials for teacher  has many importance, because of it helps to know well how to use Ms. Excel and how to create glob.

In teaching and learning process, it helps to use internet in teaching and learning process.

ICT Essentials for teacher helps to know many things and how to use in the technology.

by Jean Baptiste Nsabimana -

ICTs can be used to support change and to support/extend existing teaching practices
Pedagogical practices of teachers using ICT can range from only small enhancements of teaching practices using what are essentially traditional methods, to more fundamental changes in their approach to teaching. ICTs can be used to reinforce existing pedagogical practices as well as to change the way teachers and students interact.

Using ICTs as tools for information presentation is of mixed effectiveness
The use of ICT as presentation tools (through overhead and , television, electronic whiteboards, guided "web-tours", where students simultaneously view the same resources on computer screens) is seen to be of mixed effectiveness. While it may promote class understanding of and discussion about difficult concepts (especially through the display of simulations), such uses of ICT can re-enforce traditional pedagogical practices and divert focus from the content of what is being discussed or displayed to the tool being utilized.

Teacher technical abilities and knowledge of ICTs

Preparing teachers to benefit from ICT use is about more than just technical skills
Teacher technical mastery of ICT skills is a not a sufficient precondition for successful integration of ICTs in teaching.

Thank a lots for this (NSABIMANA JEAN BAPTISTE)

by Theophile Kwihangana -

This ICT essentials for teachers will help us to be competent in using information technology in our daily activities in our school.

By using acquired skills from this,our learners,teachers and school administration staff will be familiar to the search,use and share online documents.

Intercommunication among educators and educational policymakers will be quick and easy to promote the quality of our carrier .

by Joseph Byumvuhore -
this ICT essential education it allows the teacher to develop their capacity of manupilating ICT tools and being familiar with them helps the teacher in intergrate ICT in teaching and learning activities

by Anastase Nzabirinda -

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS, will help teachers to perform their daily work which is  teaching and learning process.

-Also this program will help in modernization of education where by students and teachers will meet online in any activity, such as assessing them and giving them notes and more by visiting blogs of teachers.

by Martine Benemariya -

ICT ESSENTIALS   FOR TEACHERS, this program will help teachers and learners to to be update in all domains . it facilitate the teaching and learning prossess   

It will help them to prepare good presentations to students and will enhance their knowledge about how to use social media for academic purposes.Thank you

by LEONIDAS MUDAHIGWA -

I think I CT Essentials, will help teachers to integrate what ever subject hi/she teaches in  ICT so that it can remove the wastage of time while using this type of writing on BB.

by JMV Nziringirimana -

It  is very important because we have to use ict as a tool in teaching and learning

by Theodore Niyonzima -

This ICT Essential for Teachers will help teacherd to go from the traditional teaching activities to the modern ones.

It will also facilitate teachers activities in preparing lessons and during the lessons.

by Jean Baptiste Uwayezu -

Will help our teachers to improve their skills and their students skills, will to get notes ,videos,and other which are able to help the students to understand . the ICT is important in our modern education.

by Josias Rwambikana -

It will  help teachers to improve   knowledge and  how  to  use  ict in learning teaching

by Oda Ishimwe -

I THINK ICT ESSENTIALS IT HELP US TO BE FAMILIAR OF USING ICT TOOLS IN OUR DAILY ACTIVITY (TEACHING AND LEARNING)

by Oda Ishimwe -

I THINK ICT ESSENTIALS IT HELP US TO BE FAMILIAR OF USING ICT TOOLS IN OUR DAILY ACTIVITY (TEACHING AND LEARNING)

by Oda Ishimwe -

by Innocent Nsengimana -

her ICT it will play a lot of things but major is to help teachers to deliver or teach at the level of international standard of education and encouraging learner to make research

by Rose Dusabe -

it necessary for improving teaching and learning process in our daylife

by Eric Munyaneza -

For me ICT Essentials for teacher, learners and society in general because it can help them to know well how to use Microsoft such as Excel word power point, inter net use of e-mail how to create blogs, website.

In teaching and learning process, it helps to know how to use internet in research 

it also used to record and store interested data,...

by Clarisse Niyongabire -

ICT Essentials for teachers will help Teachers in preparation of pedagogical documents for example lesson plan ,in assessment , in delivering the lesson and even in their daily  teaching activities

by Ambroise Dusengumuremyi -

This Rwanda ict essential for reachers, will help teachers to assess using ICT tools. As Rwanda is moving from analog to digital system,we teachers who will come first at implementing this system in help of this ICT essential for teachers.

by Obed Bisangabagabo -

This ICT essentials for teachers will help our teachers to teach learners using digital content based, and digital teaching - learning aids. it will also facilitate teachers to improve their skills in ICT since they will be using it in teaching/leaning activities. with ICT essentials for teachers, teachers will be able to plan, prepare their lessons in an up to date way. Besides, teachers will be able to assess their learners using digital tools.

Not only that, but ICT essentials for teachers will help teachers to share knowledge and experiences all over the world through social media, Learning Managements systems (LMSs) and other learning platforms. Teachers will develop their careers and professional development.