News forum

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS

by Gilbert Iragena -
Number of replies: 22
What do you think this ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS will help you in your Teaching and Learning activities ?
In reply to Gilbert Iragena

Re: ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS

by Alphonse Bikorimana -

ICT essentials will help us to increase the quality education and knowledge delivery in teaching.  It will facilitate teachers to get the credible sources of content and will facilitate them to evaluate and teacher effectively. and in learning ICT essential will facilitate students get  easy references to complete their class works, and   will offer them  great opportunities to develop themselves economically after  completing their lessons  through the skills gained in schools .

In reply to Alphonse Bikorimana

by Gaspard Hitimana -
not only that but also ICT essential for teacher helped us with knowledge about the good way to arrange our ICT tools in computer lab or in classroom so that they become more productive.interaction of ict tools with physical environment. I thank you very much!

by Obed Bisangabagabo -

This course of ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS will help me:

- To integrate and use ICT in my daily teaching-learning activities.

- To be able to train and facilitate other teachers in teaching-learning activities using ICT

- To be up to date with Information Technology in teaching.

- To improve the quality of Teaching-Learning environment and activities.

-To use the time accordingly (Time management)

In reply to Obed Bisangabagabo

by Gaspard Hitimana -
not only that but also this course will help us to identify the good way of using mobile phone at school so that it can facilitate in teaching and learning process.

by Jean Baptiste Nsabimana -

What do you think this ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS will help you in your Teaching and Learning activities

The  Rwanda  ICT  Essentials  for  Teachers  provides  benefits  for  both  educators  and  learners  in  education  for 

improved teaching and learning processes to better learner outcomes, from increased learner engagement 

to seamless communication with educators which provides robust opportunities that ICT offers for the social 

development of knowledge based-economies for education.

The Rwanda ICT Essentials for Teachers is based on the UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers 

(ICT) a framework that outlines the competencies that teachers need to integrate ICT into their professional 

practice. The ICT CFT is a result of a partnership between UNESCO .The 

Rwanda ICT Essentials for Teachers draws from a set of competencies clustered around 6 major education focus 

areas and focuses on the Technology Literacy growth phase of knowledge acquisition:

by Francois Hitiyaremye -

ICT Essentials for teachers help us to increase the quality of education and to improve technology  that can help our learners to be competent on market of labour.

In reply to Francois Hitiyaremye

by Abudu Habimana -

This is true Mr Francois, because you can't  innovate without ICT skills.

by Abudu Habimana -

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS will help us in teaching, because:

- With the new curriculum which is based competence, many subjects requires some skills in ICT in order to achieve our tasks.

- This is helpful also as the learning activities of today needs research which uses ICT tools such as computers, phones,....

- We are in  modern teaching where ict must be involved in order to improve our traditional teaching 

by Jeremie Vuguziga -

Using ICT as a tool  will improve quality of education in all subjects at all levels and supporting the effort of the Education Quality Assurance Department in improving the quality of education. 

Teachers will use open educational resources, Massive Open Online Courses,will create electronic content, and will share knowledge experiences.

by Francois Hakizimana -

The role of ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS

1. ICT as an ‘assisting tool’. ICT is used as a tool, for example while making assignments, collecting data and documentation, communicating and conducting research. Typically, ICT is used independently from the subject matter.
  2. ICT as a medium for teaching and learning. This refers tot ICT as a tool for teaching and learning itself, the medium through which teachers can teach and learners can learn. It appears in many different forms, such as drill and practice exercises, in simulations and educational networks.

by Naome Uwimana -
ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS help us to: -Understand the concept of ICT in education from national to school level -Understand the importance of integrating ICT in teaching and learning - Support and facilitate peer learning
In reply to Naome Uwimana

by Gaspard Hitimana -
not only that but this course helped us also to improve knowledge on how to use ICT resources to facilitate our teaching and learning activities.for example how to use word processor,PowerPoint,spreadsheet, graphic design ,how to carry a research on internet,how to download /upload pictures etc

by Clarisse Niyongabire -

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS will help me in  preparing pedagogical documents for example lesson plan ,delivering the lesson, in assessment and allows the learners to construct their own knowledge easily.

by Clarisse Niyongabire -

ICT ESSENTIALS FOR TEACHERS will help me in  preparing pedagogical documents for example lesson plan ,delivering the lesson, in assessment and allows the learners to construct their own knowledge easily.

by Jean Baptiste Uwayezu -
ICT essential for teachers will help me to improve teaching methods, who can l managing my class during learning process, how can I get teaching aids through internet videos,picture and associate with other expert using internet where I can get rich Ideas to my subject taught.

by Gaspard Hitimana -
this ICT essentials for teachers training has helped me in the followings: To improve ICT skills(hardware,troubleshooting,word processor,spreadsheet,email&social media etc) To improve my professional development(how get knowledge through online resources,to carry a research using search engine like Google for example, ways to develop personal learning networks etc) To enhance collaboration with others(through collaboration I have got some skills,infornation etc) To get knowledge about the policy of integrating ICT in teaching and learning activities To get knowledge about how ICT can be used to support the standards of a curriculum. To get knowledge on how ICT can be used to assess students achievements. This training also has given me the ability and capability to train other teachers on the use of ICT tools in teaching and learning activities This training lets me with ability to do any online course This training lets me with knowledge about a good arrangement of ICT tools in a computer lab so that it becomes more productive This training helped me to know how ICT can be used to support traditional pedagogy.

by Fabien Ngaboyimbere -

With the help of ICT, the process of teaching by the teachers to students and the learning process of students will become more advanced and .... the communication or enquiry skills of student and the appropriate contexts for critical thinking, decision making and problem solving activities can be created.

by Anastase Nzabirinda -

ICT essentials for teachers is among the most important way of improving and supporting quality education and the implantation of competency based curriculum which the government of Rwanda is running out of.

In fact, the ICT tools will help us as teachers to communicate knowledge to our students in a digital way, just using projectors in classes to present the content and even learners use them to present their works.

.ICT tools like computers and phones are used carry out research for further knowledge so, from ICT essentials will play a great role for we acquired skills of how to better use ICT tools and how manage them.

.computers also facilitate in storing documents safely, such as: lesson plans, schemes of work, notes, exercises, marking lists,....

.ICT essentials enable us to be experienced in terms of manipulation of ICT tools and management of those materials.

ICT essentials increases the of how to deal with troubleshooting.

Thanks.

by Valens Twiringiyimana -
this it will help to upgrade the the level of teachers and sharing resources with the colleagues. the teachers will work cooperatively, the teaching and learning process will be easier.

by Valens Twiringiyimana -

ICT essential will help in different career

1. Word Processing Skills

Educators should be able to use some type of word processing program to complete written tasks in a timely manner. See the following Web sites for helpful information and tutorials.

2. Spreadsheets Skills

Educators should be able to use some type of spreadsheet program to compile grades and chart data. See the following Web sites for helpful information and tutorials on these skills.

3. Database Skills

Educators should be able to use some type of database program to create tables, store and retrieve data, and query data. See the following Web sites for helpful information and tutorials on these skills.

4. Electronic Presentation Skills

Educators should be able to use electronic presentation software to create and give electronic presentations.

5. World Wide Web Navigation Skills

Educators should be able to navigate the World Wide Web and search effectively for data on the Internet. See the following Web sites for helpful information and tutorials on these skills.

by Diouf Munyarukundo -

ICT essentials will help us :

1. in understanding the role of using ICT in teaching and learning prosecco.

2. to emphasis the active learning .

3. to move from teacher centered approach to learn centered approach.

4. teacher will able to understand more efficient to use ICT in his/her activities.