Policy Summaries

ict and education policy

ict and education policy

by Valens Twiringiyimana -
Number of replies: 0
I have read the ICT in education policy The government has tried to implement ICT in education to enhance the quality of education for both teachers and learners by introducing different programs like OLPC(One Laptop Per Child)with the purpose of achieving the goals of vision 2020 including “SMART CLASSROOM” . Republic of Rwanda through the ministry of education is offering online services like Curriculum, books, and other needed information. This policy also faces the major challenges identified included: inadequate infrastructure; high power costs; equipment; and connectivity costs. The absence of a culture around the use of ICT also prevented the widespread adoption of such tools in education, as did the limited availability of digital content, expertise and project coordination. The government has introduced also many services on line like Irembo, Declaration of taxes on line, Registration for driving license to awake people in terms of using ICT tools, e-bank like deposing money in Rulindo district and you withdraw that money to another district else because of interlink. There is big improvement in using ICT tools as government started project of using POSITIVO in schools and using digital resources like downloaded videos, research on internet and others. Teacher and students have to use them to share resources, contents, deliver the contents and other education resources. As teacher of computer science I will provide works which will encourage my learners to use ict tools like computers, projectors, scanners and internet like sending their work to the internet through email.