News forum

ICT& PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT

ICT& PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT

by Methode Urimubenshi -
Number of replies: 3

What is a very good way to arrange computers in a computer lab?

Re-give opinion on computer pob.

In reply to Methode Urimubenshi

Re: ICT& PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT

by Edmond Niyonzima -
I MAY USE THE METHOD OF A CLASSROOM LAB DESIGN WHERE ALL THE LEARNERS WILL FACE THE SAME DIRECTION. We may design in many different ways such as U SHAPE, FOUR LEAF DESIGN but we need to ensure that the DESIGN we need to ensure that learners and teachers are satisfied with what the LAB offer them.
In reply to Methode Urimubenshi

Re: ICT& PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT

by Alphonse Bikorimana -

After identifying the room for computer lab   which is large and determining all of its needs (desks, tables computers cables …)  you can arrange the lab using  

•  Face Front row design it helps the lab instructor to control the room, where students sit as they sit in classes But if you are using the "face front" design, try installing mirrors in the back of the room and possible also on the side walls, so that if the teacher is in the front of the room, a quick glance at the mirrors will allow the teacher to see what is on the screens, or what else students might be doing with the computer - like vandalism
  •   Around the Wall design: the students sit as in round table or in rectangular design. Teachers can see all machines & students, Electrical/Cabling stays on outer wall, and it provides space in center for collaboration/tables. From a teaching standpoint, the horseshoe (around the wall) is very desirable. Besides the teacher being able to see the screens easily, if a student has something on their screen that others want to see, it is easily done. It is also easier for the teacher to move around to help and monitor students. It is nicer for direct instruction, as long the students are not hiding behind the towers or monitors

In my school I preferred to use the both above manners in our labs and there are very successful

In addition, need to have some sort of software that will allow you to look at all of the computer screens but if you want to be able to move among the desks easily then use the rows.