Unit 7 Weather
Exercise 1: Talk about the weather
Look out of the window and describe the
weather. Is it hot or cold today?
Unit 7 Weather
Exercise 3: Match the sentences and the
Say which picture matches each sentence.
7.2 Read about the weather in
Rwanda is not very hot. Nor is it very cold.
It is cooler in the mountains. It is warmer in
the lowlands. In August it is hot. In April it is
cold. In May it is cool. It is about 20 °C.
In April it rains a lot. In July it rains a little.Exercise 4: What is the weather like today?
Use the words in the boxes and
complete the sentences.
1. Today it is ____ windy.
2. Today it is raining ____.
3. Today it is ____ cloudy.
7.3 Describing temperature
A thermometer measures temperature.
It is marked in degrees Celsius. When degrees
are high, the temperature is hot or warm.
Exercise 5: Is it hot or cold?
1. Look at picture A. Is it hot or cold?
2. Look at picture B. Is it hot or cold?Learning box
We can use lines to show different
numbers. We call this a line graph.
The graph below shows the temperature
for each month in Kigali.
Exercise 6: Read a temperature graph
Look at the graph above.
1. Which month was the hottest?
2. Which month was the coldest?3. What was the temperature in March?
Exercise 7: Use the bar graph to answer
Look at the bar graph above. Say whether
the sentences are true or false.
1. It rained a lot in February.
2. There was only a little rain in July.
3. April had more rain than any other
Exercise 8: Talk about the weather in
Talk about the weather in Rwanda. Ask
and answer questions.
Question: Is it very rainy in Rwanda in
June and July?
Answer: No it is not. It is very dry in
June and July.
Exercise 9: Draw a temperature graph
Draw a line graph of the temperature in
the area where you live. Your teacher will
give you the monthly temperature figures
for your area.7.5 Review
1. Draw a picture showing the weather
today. Under the picture, write a
sentence that describes the weather.
Example: It is cold today.
2. Rearrange the letters below. Write the
a. anri b. ylcoud
c. yunns d. nwiyd
3. Complete the paragraph below about
the weather in Rwanda. Use the words in
Rwanda is not too ___ or too ___. It ___
a lot in April. It is much ___ in the
mountains than in ___.
4. Draw a bar graph to show the following
temperatures for five days:
Monday: 20 °C
Tuesday: 22 °C
Wednesday: 25 °C
Thursday: 28 °C
Friday: 24 °C